Thursday, May 3

Jelly in a Jar

Something I always have on hand is Vaseline, or petroleum jelly. I can't even begin to tell you about the multiple things I use this jelly in a jar for. About a year ago, I had gotten home late and was getting ready for bed, exhausted. I went to reach for my eye make up remover, and of course, there was barely any left for one eyelid. Enter petroleum jelly! I was surprised how quick, and efficient this product was as a make up remover - and have been using it ever since.
Over the past year, I have been resorting to this product for every moisturizing need. I would recommend substituting something organic; after all, it is just as important to feed our skin with raw nutrients as it is our body. I, myself, am finishing up the current jar of Vaseline I have - then will move on to something natural, like raw coconut cream. Here are the many uses of this jelly:

Eye Make Up Remover: quick, efficient and moisturizing. I always had horrible luck with getting remover in my eye somehow, and it wasn't the greatest feeling. It also doesn't leave my lids feeling dry, or itchy.

Lip Balm: my obsession with chap stick is ... well, an obsession. It's always with me wherever I go. At night, I like something a little heavier, and it certainly works.

Eye Cream: Before bed, I'll dab this around my eyes to keep them moisturized if I'm out of a cream or serum.

Eyebrows: To tame your eyebrows! Just a little dab and a spoolie brush will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment