Monday, March 10

The Oil Pulling Trend


You may have seen a lot about this 'oil pulling' business on social media this past week. I read about it on one of my favorite blogs, The Skinny Confidential and was very intrigued. 
Simply put, oil pulling is supposed to be the shit for your basic existence. It's an ancient practice that has 5,976 benefits (slight exaggeration) and we're all just realizing this now! Some benefits include:

[x] teeth whitening and all over healthier teeth/gums
[x] clears up sinus issues
[x] helps with skin issues
[x] hangover cure
[x] overall detoxification

So to be honest I was a little weird-ed out about the whole process. I mean, putting coconut oil (I used coconut, some use sesame) in your mouth for 20 minutes seems a little extensive. And how can just swishing a teaspoon of it around in your mouth provide all of those benefits? 
The answer: I don't know, but it does. Anything that has to do with basic oral hygiene, I jump right on that bandwagon because honestly, it's one of the most important things to me. 
So if I can whiten my teeth while getting rid of my awful sinus/allergy issues? 
Sign me up now. 
I've been pulling oil for the past 5 days and I can honestly say that my allergies have been much, much better. They are still there, just not as intense.
As a teeth whitener, I think we're getting there! I haven't seen any outrageous results but I also think it takes some time.
Hangover - yes. I tried it on Saturday morning and felt a little less shitty about an hour later.
So that's the story. Verdict is to go pull some oil, my friends!


make sure it's organic and unrefined!

1 comment:

  1. The most up to date beauty trends!! Saves me so much money, I can always rely on this blog for what really work$!!!

    ReplyDelete