Tuesday, January 28

6 Essential Make-Up Brushes


I was recently given a complimentary facial from Mary Kay Cosmetics; you know, the old school make-up your mom always had laying around and would use? Well, I did. 

So after this facial, I was instructed to pick a make-up look to replicate. 
Um, what? I was super excited about not having to remove my face once I got home. 
Now I have to put more product on?? Lame.

Anyways, the lady gave me "brushes" to use (and I put brushes in quotes because they weren't anything close to what they should be) and was quizzing me on my skills. I aced the test, thank you.

It made me appreciate the brushes I have so much more than I already do. 

Which got me thinking - if I had to tell this lady 6 brushes that should be in her kit, what would they be?

Ta-da! My top 6 (and dirty - but I preferred the term loved) brushes that everyone should have.

Like if you were stranded on an island, and let's say, 'make-up brushes' was on your top list, these are the ones you should bring with you.



1)EYES: Round blender brush; circle motions in the outer corner, windshield wiper motion across the crease. learn it. love it. live it.

2)FACE: Sigma's flat top kabuki (F80); Umm - you are NOT going to get a better brush to apply foundation with. You won't. Try it.

3)FACE: Real Techniques blush brush; feels like a dream, hits the apples of your cheeks perfectly.

4)EYES:  Sephora's Pro Allover Shadow brush; which does exactly what it says. Evenly distributes shadow all over the lid. I like this brush for my base color, or when I want to pack a dark color on the lid.

5)EYES: Sephora's Pro Angled Liner brush; perfect for applying liner, using a shadow to fill in your brows and lining your under eye. *the brush I have was part of a set*

6)FACE: Stippling brush; perfect for blending a contoured look. I use this every day to blend my bronzer and blush for an all over, smooth look. It just pulls everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment