Wednesday, March 21

Lighten Up

I must admit, these past couple of weeks I have been overwhelmed with the stress of searching for an apartment. When Brutus came along, the need for our own place multiplied by his 85 pounds. Finding a decent, reasonably priced apartment in Buffalo should not be that hard - but when you add an 85 pound bulldog to the mix - it just became almost impossible.
For my 'type a' personality - this process was done completely backwards; my overly organized self would have liked to have a fully furnished/decorated apartment first, then we could search for a new pup. And as I stated in a recent post, I have a need to decorate and have things organized, and this can be overwhelming for others who aren't the same way (i.e. boyfriend).
After a stressful week of looking at apartments that were either too small, had pet weight limit restrictions, smelled, and were out of our price range, someone said something to me that told myself to knock it off and lighten up: "You're in your twenties and getting your first apartment - relax, this should be fun". They were right. Everything will happen the way it is supposed to happen. I need to put my OCD, interior decorating self on hold until we actually have an apartment to organize and decorate.
I still couldn't leave you without showing you a few inspiration boards I found ;)

would love a pop of color in the bathroom

this kitchen looks like a dream

loving the use of vintage mirrors in a hallway

need: curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment