Wednesday, March 28

Save Face ... and pennies.

During my facial over the weekend, I expressed my concern to the sweet esthetician on how much I would love to make this a monthly routine; but sometimes budgets just won't allow it. To my surprise, instead of coaxing me into a million reasons on why spa facials should fit into my budget, she explained that I probably have the ingredients at home to make my own masks or scrubs.
Her suggestions were:
olive oil on a cotton round, and pat around the eyes - for those fine lines and wrinkles that are sadly starting to appear.
a cup of sugar, mixed with lemon juice - a more natural exfoliate.

I've heard of homemade masks and scrubs before, but wasn't sure if they were sufficient. I had to take the professionals word for it, and did some research on other ingredients that I could potentially use. I'm interested in trying this Oatmeal and Yogurt face mask, that seems extremely simple and is suitable for all skin types.
It makes me feel better knowing that you're able to use natural ingredients and save your pretty pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment