Wednesday, August 7

Outside of the Box

Lately, I feel like I'm getting stuck in the same, boring routine week to week.
That's one of the many disadvantages of having an office job; you work, go home, have 3-4 hours to do whatever you have to do, go to bed and repeat. For 5 days.
No wonder why the weekend comes and I'm rushing to run a bunch of errands, wanting to drink the week away and sleep all at the same time.
To solve that, I've been pushing myself to do more things during the week - why not? Who needs 8 hours of sleep, really. Get out there, do things. Go to the movies on a Wednesday. Get drinks with friends on a Thursday. I didn't say I was getting crazy.
Some week days, I'll get really daring and swap out the lunch-from-home with an hour out of the office.
Do you know how many people are just hanging out? In parks, riding their bikes, walking their dogs, enjoying the sunshine?
WHAT DO THEY DO!? I become instantly envious of this life they have, this life that I just made up, because really, who knows what their situation is. But they aren't in an office 9 hours a day (or at least going to be soon). They are outside, soaking up the sun, and that's all that matters. I bet they aren't rushing to get 4 loads of laundry done in one day.

Me:

Them:
 
#officeproblems
end rant.


No comments:

Post a Comment