Wednesday, February 20

The Josephine Files - #6

Josie stopped over the other day after church to say hello. Our conversation went something like this:


"Krystin, our birthday's are coming up this week!" She said.
"I know - are you excited for yours?" I asked
"I'm just lucky I made it another year, I guess Heaven doesn't want me yet..."
(there's that optimism I love)
"Oh stop it" I told her
"Hey, I have your birthday present at my house. Come by and get it when you're free. I hope you like it. Your mother helped me pick it out, so if you don't, just blame her."
"Alright, thanks. You didn't have to get me anything!"
"No, no ... of course I did ..." and she paused for about a minute. I waited.
...Okay fine, I'll tell you. I got you a nice candle because your mother said you loved candles".
(rolls her eyes)

I was confused. I didn't force this information out of her whatsoever. The element of surprise is lacking in our family.
I haven't picked up the candle gift yet, but I'm sure it smells lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment