Wednesday, January 30

Some Wednesday Wisdom

I recently came across 2 quotes that have hit home for me, and I wanted to share (thank you, tumblr's instagram account).

"examine what you tolerate - you teach people how to treat you"

"you don't really know who you are, until you lose who you are"

Really, they both correlate with each other and made me stop to think when I first read them. And then the thinking continued for about 3 days. I think it's really important to not blame others for the situations you end up in. Sure, some of it you really can't help - but if you have 'found' the person you are - or at least aspire to be - you should know your limits on what to tolerate (see what I did there? correlation).

This has been a struggle for me, because I'm usually the really naive, nice person who thinks everyone means well (you do though, right?). I've reflected on past situations and conflicts and realized my way of thinking and toleration limits must change; it's what I've tolerated, of course some may think it's acceptable.

(cue Michael Jackson's Man in the Mirror song).

That's about as serious as we're getting here.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment