Thursday, August 2

The Skinny on B.B.

B.B. cream has been everywhere lately, and naturally, I had to try it out for myself. When researching this product, I've seen a few definitions of what B.B. stands for. Blemish Balm and Beauty Balm were the most common. I'd consider this a Beauty Balm, as it's not just for blemishes- this product is supposed to be a do-all product. This multi-function cream acts as a primer, foundation and corrector. It claims to smooth skins texture, hide imperfections, moisturize and even out your skin tone. What more good a girl want from one single product?!
I personally tried L'oreal's BB Cream - Magic Skin Beautifier. It promises to 'prime, perfect, hydrate and correct', and transform to your own perfect shade. This cream has Beautifying Beads, that are condensed pigments infused with antioxidants, Vitamin C &E. Here are my thoughts-
Pros: lightweight, like a tinted moisturizer.
          does the job of a foundation, without the heaviness.
          does in fact prime - i can honestly say i see a difference, compared to not using a primer.

Cons: texture. the beads in this cream can be an issue if you have a texture complex. it can feel like an exfoliate, and made me feel as though i should be washing it off. took a couple of uses to get used to.
          isn't a true BB cream based on what BB should stand for. Loreal's BB stands for Beautifying Beads; not Beauty Balm or Blemish Balm.

Overall, I'm happy with the product. Many higher end lines also have this product, and I'd be interested to find out if there is a major difference. Let me know your thoughts if you've tried another version! :)
         

L'oreal BB Cream

From application to blended.

No comments:

Post a Comment