Wednesday, September 5

Apple Cider Vinegar

I'm always looking for at home remedies; things that you have laying around the house that can turn into something pretty amazing when put together. I stumbled across Apple Cider Vinegar - as a toner for your face. This toner is something you can use to help clear your skin or simply improve your overall complexion. I was intrigued, kept reading, made my own and have been using it for about a week! Learn more below.

The malic and lactic acids in vinegar help soften and exfoliate the skin, and helps tone skin to its proper pH. Your skin is naturally acidic, and needs to remained balanced. The ACV has an acidity of about 3, and when diluted, helps bring your skins pH level back to it's normal levels.

How to make:

You can use a 1:1 ratio of ACV & diluted water - this is totally up to you and your skin type, and can be diluted according to your skins sensitivity. Mix.
Note: it's always better to use organic products, but I didn't have that in my cupboard so I just used what I had.

... and there's your toner! No, really. It's that easy. Next, follow these steps:

mix ACV and water together.

put toner on cotton pad

beware: it smells. like vinegar. you'll get over it.

swipe across face.


optional: rinse and pat dry. I always rinse after about 2 minutes of applying the toner.
 
Viola! You now have your own skin clearing toner for about $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment